Last edition: Aug 03, 2022
Unlike previous Challenges that evaluated the staining patterns present in IHC, this Grand Challenge new edition proposes to find an image analysis algorithm to identify with high sensitivity and specificity HER2 positive BC from HER2 negative BC specimens evaluating only the morphological features present on the hematoxylin and eosin (HE) slide.
The challenge organization results from a cooperation between Instituto de Investigação and Inovação em Saúde (i3S, IPATIMUP, INEB) and Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores, Tecnologia e Ciência (INESC TEC), from Porto University, Portugal. The team as a whole has experience in machine learning and computer vision, has medical expertise, and has experience in organizing previous challenges. Specifically, the present Grand Challenge is organized by:
- Conde-Sousa, Eduardo (PhD) - i3S/INEB
- Araújo, Teresa (PhD student) - INESC TEC and Faculty of Engineering of Universidade do Porto
- Aresta, Guilherme (PhD student) - INESC TEC and Faculty of Engineering of Universidade do Porto
- Aguiar, Paulo (PhD) - i3S/INEB
- Eloy, Catarina (MD, PhD) - i3S/IPATIMUP and Faculty of Medicine of Universidade do Porto
- Polónia, António (MD, PhD) - i3S/IPATIMUP
For questions related to the Grand Challenge, please contact Eduardo Conde-Sousa (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Challenge start and training set release: October 1st, 2019
- Test set release: until January 6th, 2020
- Short method description, code, and test set prediction submission deadline: until January 24th, 2020